Good morning! Were you one of the millions, glued to the TV at 8pm last night for the return of The Great British Bake Off? What is it that makes this programme such a success? Here’s our Top Ten Reasons to love TGBBO.
1. Mary Berry. A real national treasure and what Mary doesn’t know about baking, frankly isn’t worth knowing!
2. Who can fail to withhold a titter every time “soggy bottoms” get a mention!?
3. It’s so very English! Baking in a marquee, often with the rain battering the canvas as they film.
4. We all know that giving those biscuits “just two more minutes” will result in burnt offerings for Messrs Berry and Hollywood.
5. Who will be the first contestant to confuse the sugar container with the cooking salt?
6. Paul Hollywood. Those blue eyes and twinkly smile ….. really ladies!
7. It inspires us to all “have a go”. Sales of baking products and baking cookbooks rocket when TGBBO is broadcast.
8. The Technical Bake round. One recipe. A multitude of contestants and many differing interpretations of a classic. Don’t look Mary, don’t look …..
9. The cover-ups. Icing over the burnt bits will not get you into the next round. The judges will find out …..!
10. The drama, the tears, the forgotten timers, the dough that didn’t rise.
Yes, welcome back to The Great British Bake Off – and roll on next Tuesday!
Thank you for taking the time to visit Tigerlily Makes The Felt-making Blog Lisa X Thank you for taking the time to visit Tigerlily Makes The Felt-making Blog Lisa X All content and design work, including text, photos, etc are © copyright 2013 Lisa Marie Olson owner of Tigerlily Makes (unless otherwise stated and named whereby copyright resides with said named person)and cannot be copied without prior permission from the copyright owner. Tigerlily Makes is a member of ACID (Anti Copying in Design and all designs are registered and protected. www.acid.uk.com www.tigerlilymakes.co.uk www.facebook.com/tigerlilymakes www.twitter.com/tigerlilymakes