Tuesday 30 July 2013

If You’re Truly Crafty, You Will Always Have Supplies ….


Well hello again my lovely felt fans.  I thought I’d share with you on today’s blog something that has stood me in good stead for many, many years. 

I can’t quite pin down when crafting became such a massive part of my life.  It’s always been there – the desire to be creative, to make things, to feel a sense of achievement when I finish something.  Even now, having turned a passionate hobby into a business, I am always on the look-out to learn new things, new skills and to expand my love of all things craft.  

I’m often asked for tips and the most valuable piece of advice I can give to anyone with even the tiniest interest in being creative is …… never, ever throw anything away!  

Hang on to all of those textile off-cuts and end pieces, bag up the spare buttons, wrap the ribbons round pieces of card – but never throw anything out as you can never tell when you might be in need of a finishing touch, or a patch of fabric, that you discarded as “un-usable”.   

Trust me, you’ll thank me for that advice one day! 

And here's one such example of hanging onto all your scraps of fabrics! Linings for egg cosies... my egg cosies have become quite popular, but the unique thing about them, apart from the overall unique design is each lining is different. Take a looksee for yourself to see just one of many ways fabric scraps can be used!

But for now keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep crafting!

Thank you for taking the time to visit Tigerlily Makes The Felt-making Blog Lisa X Thank you for taking the time to visit Tigerlily Makes The Felt-making Blog Lisa X All content and design work, including text, photos, etc are © copyright 2013 Lisa Marie Olson owner of Tigerlily Makes (unless otherwise stated and named whereby copyright resides with said named person)and cannot be copied without prior permission from the copyright owner. Tigerlily Makes is a member of ACID (Anti Copying in Design and all designs are registered and protected. www.acid.uk.com   www.tigerlilymakes.co.uk   www.facebook.com/tigerlilymakes   www.twitter.com/tigerlilymakes  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to make your lovely comments :)