Saturday 11 May 2013

An Interview with Serendipity Candles, bringing glamour and ethical products together in harmony...


Good Morning lovely makers, creators and all round lovely people, todays post is a little different. Today I thought I would share a recent interview that I had the privilege of being involved in with the founder and creator of the Handmade Boutique.  As many of you know I have been asked to join this talented chorus of designs and so asked the founder to tell us her story and this is how it goes.

So firstly can I ask who you are and where you are?

A: My name is Tracie and my business is Serendipity Candles, I am also the founder of Handmade Boutique which was initially set up as a 14 week Pop-Up Shop last September in The Mailbox, Birmingham, housing 17 Midlands based Designer makers. It was such a success that we are now opening again as a permanent Boutique in July at The Great Western Arcade, Birmingham.


What is that you specifically do and when did you start?

A: I started making Soya Candles in Vintage crockery last year just for myself as I love fragranced candles burning at home. A few of my friends asked me to make some for them and so I looked into doing a Handmade Event to see how they sold to the general public. I had such a great response with my first event that it encouraged me to carry on making and developing the range to create the business that I have now.

What would you say is uniquely different about what you do?

A: Serendipity Candles combine elegant vintage styling with beautifully scented soya wax candles to create that perfect gift for someone special or to add a touch of luxury to your home. I source the finest vintage china and glassware around to perfectly complement the long-lasting, lovingly produced candles.

Can you us more about the candles themselves?

A: Serendipity Candles are created from 100% natural soya wax which allows the scents of the natural fragrance oils to fill your home with a beautiful, pure aroma, all our Candles are hand poured. When the candle is finished, you’ll have the stunning container to use for many years to come.

I have worked hard to develop my brand over the last 12 months and now have 17 stockists nationwide which is very exciting. I look forward to sharing with you new developments and opportunities as they come along. I will also be sharing with you the products that will be featured in Handmade Boutique.

You can keep up to date with Serendipity Candles on the official facebook page and at the Handmade Boutique Page

Image and designs copyright Serendipity Candles

Image and designs copyright Serendipity Candles

Image and designs copyright Serendipity Candles
 
Thank you for taking the time to visit Tigerlily Makes The Felt-making Blog Lisa X Thank you for taking the time to visit Tigerlily Makes The Felt-making Blog Lisa X All content and design work, including text, photos, etc are © copyright 2013 Lisa Marie Olson owner of Tigerlily Makes (unless otherwise stated and named whereby copyright resides with said named person)and cannot be copied without prior permission from the copyright owner. Tigerlily Makes is a member of ACID (Anti Copying in Design and all designs are registered and protected. www.acid.uk.com   www.tigerlilymakes.co.uk   www.facebook.com/tigerlilymakes   www.twitter.com/tigerlilymake s https://www.facebook.com/serendipitycandlestracie?fref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to make your lovely comments :)