I don’t know about you, but my day always starts with a cup of tea. Regardless of the season, or my schedule, a cuppa is a must to get me on track for a busy day. But did you know …..
· The UK drinks 165 million cups of tea per day – that’s 62 billion cups per year!
· The UK tea market is worth circa £700 million annually
· The British East India Company started commercial tea production in the 1820s, planting a Chinese variety high in the hills of Darjeeling
· The English fashion for tea drinking began in the early 18th Century, driven by the British East India Company, who imported tea to the UK
· During WW2, the tea ration was just 2oz (50g) per person, per week!
and finally …..
The world is a far better place when you have a tea cosy!
Have a great day, and keep that kettle boiling!
Thank you for taking the time to visit Tigerlily Makes The Felt-making Blog Lisa X Thank you for taking the time to visit Tigerlily Makes The Felt-making Blog Lisa X All content and design work, including text, photos, etc are © copyright 2013 Lisa Marie Olson owner of Tigerlily Makes (unless otherwise stated and named whereby copyright resides with said named person)and cannot be copied without prior permission from the copyright owner. Tigerlily Makes is a member of ACID (Anti Copying in Design and all designs are registered and protected. www.acid.uk.com www.tigerlilymakes.co.uk www.facebook.com/tigerlilymakes www.twitter.com/tigerlilymakes