Friday 29 November 2013

Never Too Old To Learn!


Morning felties!   Now, as you all know, I love to teach others the beautiful craft of felt making.  I regularly run courses on various aspects of felt making and have also branched back into paper crafts and card making over the last few months, but very rarely do I make time for my own learning …… until recently. 

I’ve always embraced social media.  I have 1987 Likes on the Tigerlily Makes Facebook page, and am being followed by 1422 people on Twitter, but when I heard of a half day course on how to use Twitter for business, I thought “why not” and booked myself onto the course without hesitation.  

Taking an entire morning out of Tigerlily Towers was weighing heavy on my mind, particularly at this time of year – the run-up to Christmas is always the busiest time and there was also the exhibition to plan for and stock for the pop-up Christmas markets to think about, whilst at the same time planning for 2014.  

After a morning of tuition from the lovely Melissa Plimmer of MAP Designs, I have to say that even though I’ve been using Twitter for a fair while now, I learnt so much during that one morning about how I can make more effective use of Twitter to the benefit of my business.   

The moral of the story? Don’t leave the learning to the young ones!  Invest the time in yourself and if you see something that you like the look of – go for it.  You only get one chance! My Christmas Puddings have never been tweeted so much!

 
Thank you for taking the time to visit Tigerlily Makes The Felt-making Blog Lisa X Thank you for taking the time to visit Tigerlily Makes The Felt-making Blog Lisa X All content and design work, including text, photos, etc are © copyright 2013 Lisa Marie Olson owner of Tigerlily Makes (unless otherwise stated and named whereby copyright resides with said named person)and cannot be copied without prior permission from the copyright owner. Tigerlily Makes is a member of ACID (Anti Copying in Design and all designs are registered and protected. www.acid.uk.com www.tigerlilymakes.co.uk www.facebook.com/tigerlilymakes www.twitter.com/tigerlilymakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to make your lovely comments :)